Step 1. Sign into CMS
You must confirm your upLynk account before signing into CMS. After signing up, you were sent an email that contains a confirmation link. Remember to check your spam folder if you haven’t received the email yet.
Step 2. Upload content
Videos are uploaded to the upLynk system through a free app called the Slicer. It’s easy, secure, and prepares your content faster than traditional methods.
- Download the Slicer. Click the button in the bottom left corner of CMS to find the download link.
- Once downloaded, unzip the archive and run either SlicerWPF.exe (Windows) or Slicer.app (OS X).
- Sign in using your upLynk CMS credentials.
- Drag your video(s) into the Slicer.
- The Slicer updates, as does the CMS interface, to show the slicing progress of your video.
Step 3. View content in CMS
Your content automatically appears in CMS shortly after slicing starts. CMS lets you quickly view, edit and share your assets.
- Select an asset. This will populate the Editor pane.
- In the Editor pane, click the play button in the video window to preview it.
Step 4. View content outside the CMS
The Test Player is the easiest way to view content outside of CMS. It doesn’t have any DRM restrictions, so be mindful who you share it with.
- Click the link just below "Test Player" in the Editor pane.
- View the link on your favorite phones, tablets and computers!
Congrats! You’ve successfully created an upLynk account, signed into CMS, uploaded content, and viewed it on other devices! You’re now ready to continue with more advanced topics.Back to tutorials